Rhema Family Church Melbourne's mission is to teach, equip and train people in a lifestyle of faith that’s pleasing to God! Senior pastors, Ps John and Eileen Brown desire that both the Word and Holy Spirit will operate in their ministry and that they will bring dynamic changes into people’s lives. Rhema Family Church Melbourne is part of the Rhema Family Churches Australia network of churches.
“Change your Life, Change your Future”
Our purpose includes our Core Values, Mission Statement, Vision, and Strategy
Purpose defines why our church exists, the reason why we do what we do?
Our purpose motivates us to remain passionate, committed & stay focused on what God has called us to do. To travel on a journey, we map out from where we are to where we want to end up.
When travelling in our cars, we put all the information into our GPS, and it directs us with the best possible way to go so that we end up at the correct destination.
Our Purpose has mapped out the direction that God has given for our church to travel so that we can journey together to fulfill His plans and purposes for our ministry.
Rhema Purpose is:
Values: why we exist?
Mission: What God has called us to do?
Vision: what our future looks like?
Strategy: How we fulfil our mission & vision?
OUR CORE VALUES
Values answer the question why we exist, why we do what we do? These core values empower people, they are the guiding principles that determine our behaviour and actions. They are the bottom line and foundation of our mission’s direction, and the vision of what we see.
They are the heart & soul of our church that determine our culture.
Values Statement: We are a People, Word & Spirit value driven church.
1. We value connecting to the local church. Where people fulfill Gods plan and purpose for their lives. (Matthew 16:13-18; Ephesians 4:7-16)
2. We Value Faith. Where people experience a lifestyle of faith. (Hebrews 1:1, 6; Hebrews 10:38, 2 Corinthians 5:7; 1 John 5:4-5;)
3. We Value the authority of God’s word. God’s word is the truth and it’s the truth that makes people free (John 8:31, 32)
4. We Value the power of the Holy Spirit. His work within & upon the believer through salvation, also being filled with the Spirit, and manifestations of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 1:8; Acts 2:1-4, 1 Corinthians 12:7-11; 2 Chronicles 5:14; 7:3; John 11:40; Acts 7:55;)
5. We Value salvation. Taking Jesus to the nation and nations. (Mark 16:15-20, Matthew 28:18-20, Romans 10:9,10; 1 Peter 2:24;)
6. We Value Prayer. Jesus said: “My house shall be called a house of prayer” (Matthew 21:13) Prayer changes things & makes tremendous power available which is dynamic in its working (James 5:16 AMPC)
7. We Value Spiritual growth. Spiritual maturity comes as we commit to regular church attendance, hear Gods word, and apply it to everyday life. Our aim is to bring people from pre-birth to maturity & become steadfast committed disciples (Hebrews 10:25; Romans 10:17, James 1:22; 2:17, 26; Ephesians 4:11-16; 1 Corinthians 3:1-3; 1 Peter 2:2)
8. We Value serving Christ. Our aim is to teach, equip & train believers for the WORK of the ministry. This is an opportunity to serve God, discover your gift, and use your talents. (Ephesians 4:12, 16; 1 Corinthians 12:28)
9. We value Unity. There is power in unity (Psalm 133; Genesis 11:1-6)
Our mission defines what we are supposed to be doing at our church.
Our Mission Is: To teach, equip & train people in a lifestyle of faith that’s pleasing to God.
Our vision provides us with a picture of what the mission looks like, what kind
of church we want to be.
This is our future; this is what we see! (Jeremiah 1:11-12 AMPC)
Our Vision Statement
We See our church:
Taking Faith, Hope, Love, and Revival to the nations so the world can be Saved.
1. We see our church impacting people’s lives, our community, city, nation, and world, where the Word & Spirit working together make positive &
dynamic changes in them. A church that’s relevant, dynamic & purposeful, where families are being transformed, also where people can experience Faith, Hope, Love, and Revival that helps people connect to God, the church, and its purpose.
2. We see revival where Gods anointing, glory and the power of the Holy Spirit is manifest to: Preach the gospel to the poor, Heal the sick and the broken hearted, to preach freedom to the captives, recovery of sight to the blind, to set the oppressed and downtrodden free. To preach victory through the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ (Luke 4:18-21)
3. We see amazing services and meetings where Faith, Hope, Love, and the authority of God’s word are taught, where God’s presence, glory, and the manifestation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit are in operation.
4. We see praise & worship that’s contemporary, anointed and touching the hearts of people.
5. We see a kid’s church that’s fun, exciting, and safe, where children cannot wait to come to church because it’s an amazing place to connect with other children. Every generation including babies, kids, youth, and adults need Faith, Hope, Love and Revival through the Word and the Spirit.
6. We see believers experiencing a lifestyle of faith, being delivered, and set free by the truth of God’s word, being filled with the Power of the Holy Spirit, as well as being led by the Spirit, also discovering their gifts and talents to serve the Lord Jesus Christ.
7. We see people moving from an unsaved condition into spiritual maturity becoming steadfast, committed Christians, being conformed into the image of Christ through services, online programs, connect groups, bible training college, study courses, children’s ministry, seminars, ministry of helps and leadership training.
8. We see people understanding their authority in Christ and their legal position of righteousness so they can live free from sin and sin consciousness, guilt, shame, fear, inferiority, condemnation.
9. We see God’s Amazing Grace, His supernatural ability and favour working through believers, enabling them to do what they cannot do in their own strength and ability to fulfill their destiny.
10. We see our church fulfilling the great commission as we GO into all the world and preach the gospel, teaching, equipping, and training believers for the work of the ministry, healing the sick, plant churches and bible Colleges within Australia and to the nations as the Lord leads. (Romans 1:16,17, Mark 16:15-20; Mathew 28:19-20)